By Chris Ochayi 26-11-2016 ABUJA –
Octogenarian and a former Board of Trustees, BoT, Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, yesterday, revealed how he slept for 22 hours when he underwent a major heart snuggery at a private hospital in London.tony-anenih
Chief Anenih, who spoke during a thanksgiving service in his honour held at the Our Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral Catholic Church, Area 3, Abuja, recalled that about seven doctors conducted surgeries that lasted for eight hours on him when the major artery pumping blood to his heart got burst.
Recall the rumour death of the sage politician, Chief Tony Anenih went viral lat year shortly after the conduct of the 2015 presidential election, where his party, the PDP, lost the presidency to the All Progressive Congress, APC. He was reportedly dead in the Royal Brompton Hospital, London in the presence of his wife and personal physician.
Those who attended the thanksgiving service include, former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, second Republic vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, former Minister of Information, Professor Jerry Gana, former Minister of Works, Chief Mike Onononelemen, former Minister of Environment, Mr. John Ode, former Governor of Kogi State, Captain Idris Wada, African’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, and Head of Service, Stephen Oronsaye amongst others.
Chief Anenih in reminiscence of the incident told the bewildered congregation that he went to London to undergo eyes surgery before the heart disease came up in the process. According to him, “There’s nothing God cannot do if you believe in Him sincerely. If 200 Anenihs told you that you won’t achieve your goals and God says otherwise, then the sky is your limit. The only being that would be with you when you are in critical position is God. “I had a problem with my heart. The major artery that transports blood to the heart got burst. So I was subjected to eight hours of surgery and seven doctors were carefully selected to do that because of their experience.
“Before the operation, the seven doctors told the people that accompanied me that I won’t make it loudly to my hearing. Then I said to myself, if I am not going to make it, then it is better I go to my flat and board any available flight to my home. But on a second thought, I said to myself, God brought me here to remove something in my eyes. But it may be for another reason.
 “Then I gave my family that was with some words of encouragement. I assured them that God that brought me here would see me through to the theatre and bring me back alive. “Then the seven doctors looked at themselves and smile, they took my bed to the theatre and shot the door. When they finished, they were surprised that surgery that took eight hours they removed two arteries from my body.
When they connected the new ones to my body, they were shocked that my heart began to function as if there was never a surgery. “They sent me to intensive care unit where I slept for 22 hours without waking up. The Chief Medical Director was waiting for the bad news of possible death, but I after 22 hours I woke up. “One of the nurse told the doctor that the man had woken and his response was stop it!. He came to my bed and asked if I am fine and responded yes. I said doctor, I am very fine. He said I have started having pains and I screened no pain!.
“In fact, I asked if he has not done the operation and he said, Chief we have finished the surgery 23 ago. He also told me that the hospital is 150 years old and this is the first miracle God has performed. This happened a year and two months ago.” On his philanthropic service the church of God, Chief Anenih recalled how he made a vow to contribute N100 million to church building project when the leadership of the church approached him on the issue. According to him, “I requested to know the cost of finishing the building and they said N200 million and promised to pay half of it. I sent my first instalment of N50 million but unfortunately, the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, did not approve the building resulting in the delay of the work. “But when I came to submit my letter to the cardinal telling him about the low key thanksgiving service, the cathedral administrator reminded me about the great help I rendered. He said that it was two weeks ago that they got the approval they applied for some three years ago and I said thanks for reminding me. Now that I had opportunity to speak, I have told the cathedral administrator that once they start the construction, I will pay the balance of N50 million.”
In his sermon, Bishop Donatus urged the politician to continue to be doing good to the people and in service of the lord because God has not yet finished with him. He told Chief Anenih to continue to give God thanksgiving in the event of the incident of last year.

Read more at: