SEE THOSE WHO ARE DEMANDING MONEY FROM BUHARI TO RELEASE CHIBOK GIRLS

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday admitted that some fraudsters had been demanding for money from the Federal Government for the purpose of negotiating the release of the over 200 girls abducted from their school in Chibok, Borno State, in April 2014.BUHARI NEW
He however promised not to fall for the antics of the fraudsters despite the fact that the rescue and safe return of the remaining Chibok girls remains a top priority of his administration.
According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while receiving the Primate and Archbishops of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Buhari reportedly told his guests that his administration would continue to insist on a thorough authentication of the identities of any persons or groups claiming to have custody of the girls before entering into negotiations with them.
“President Muhammadu Buhari said Friday in Abuja that while the rescue and safe return of the remaining Chibok girls remains a top priority of his administration, he will not fall for the antics of fraudsters who have been asking the Federal Government for money to negotiate the release of the girls,” the statement read.
The President, however, assured the Anglican Bishops of his steadfast commitment to the rescue of the Chibok Girls, saying that their safe return will be one of his greatest fulfillments in office as President.
Buhari also assured the clerics that the Federal Government will give maximum attention to the clean-up of Ogoniland which was inaugurated on Thursday.
‘‘We inherited the United Nations Environmental Project report from the previous administration. We decided it needed urgent attention in spite of the economic crunch, because of our concern for the welfare and environmental comfort of the people of Ogoniland,” he said.