• Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us

Abuja Reporters Abuja Reporters - Seeking The Truth In Facts

Header AD
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Abuja Reporters
  • Home
  • News
  • MAN COMMITS SUICIDE IN IMO OVER CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN
News

MAN COMMITS SUICIDE IN IMO OVER CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN

By Abuja Reporters On Apr 28, 2020 0

Related Post

FCT ADMINISTRATION UNDER WIKE RESTATES NO SMART PHONES IN…

Nov 29, 2025

HOW RENOWNED SCHOLAR, SHEIKH DAHIRU BAUCHI DIED AT 98,…

Nov 29, 2025

OTI’S FACTION OF LABOUR PARTY FORWARDS ITS INTERIM NWC…

Nov 29, 2025

Chidiebube Okeoma, Owerri

A 45-year-old man, Osita Ezuruike, on Tuesday, committed suicide in his house at Umudafa, Awo Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

Sources at the community said the deceased expressed frustration with life over the lockdown and the dusk-to-dawn curfew declared by the state government.

But the police had yet to ascertain why the deceased committed suicide as of the time of filing this report.

The PUNCH learnt that the deceased’s neighbours alerted the police after discovering that he had hung himself.

The police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, told PUNCH that the Ezuruike’s corpse had been taken to a morgue.

Ikeokwu also said an investigation into the incident had commenced.

The police spokesperson said, “On April 27, acting on a report, operatives of the Divisional Police headquarters in Mbieri moved to Umudafa, Awo Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA, in a house belonging to one Osita Ezuruike, 45, and met the lifeless body of the said Osita hanging.

“The reason for taking his own life could not be ascertained.

“However, the corpse has been removed to the morgue, while an investigation into the incident has commenced.”

0
Share FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailLinkedin

Prev Post

NIGERIAN ADVERTISED FOR SALE BY LEBANESE RESCUED

Next Post

FG BOOKS HOTELS FOR NIGERIANS RETURNING FROM ABROAD OVER CORONAVIRUS

You might also like More from author
News

FCT ADMINISTRATION UNDER WIKE RESTATES NO SMART PHONES IN LANDS DEPARTMENT AND AEGIS…

News

HOW RENOWNED SCHOLAR, SHEIKH DAHIRU BAUCHI DIED AT 98, LEAVING BEHIND 100 CHILDREN,…

News

OTI’S FACTION OF LABOUR PARTY FORWARDS ITS INTERIM NWC TO INEC

News

ABDUCTION OF KEBBI SCHOOLGIRLS: DEFENCE MINISTRY DETAINS, GRILLS SOLDIERS WHO ABANDON…

Prev Next

Comments are closed.

Sun-Tech
More Stories

FCT ADMINISTRATION UNDER WIKE RESTATES NO SMART PHONES IN…

Nov 29, 2025

HOW RENOWNED SCHOLAR, SHEIKH DAHIRU BAUCHI DIED AT 98,…

Nov 29, 2025

OTI’S FACTION OF LABOUR PARTY FORWARDS ITS INTERIM NWC…

Nov 29, 2025
Prev Next 1 of 20,561
© 2025 - Abuja Reporters. All Rights Reserved.
Sign in
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Welcome, Login to your account.

Forget password?
Sign in

Recover your password.

A password will be e-mailed to you.

Verified by MonsterInsights