Anither buildinf beling to Former Minister of Pwtroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke has been uncovered.
The exquisite 15-storey building which is located on the highbrow Banana Island in Lagos is the latest on the list of choice properties said to have been acquired by the ex-minister with alleged stolen public funds.
It is an 18 flat edifice.
A reliable EFCC source said yesterday that the ownership of the building was discovered this week in the course of the investigation of the former minister.
The source said: “The property Building 3, Block B, is a 15 storey edifice comprising 18 flats and 6 penthouses, Bella Vista at Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout, Banana Island Layout, Foreshore Estate, Off Onikoyi Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
“The property was acquired by the former minister between 2011 and 2012 at a total cost of $37,500,000USD from the developers, YF Construction Development and Real Estate.
“It was acquired in the name of a Shell company, Rusimpex Limited under the control of a certain Mr. Afamefuna Nwokedi in Lagos.
“The investigation continues.”
The EFCC source said the agency might seize the property.
His words: “We will do this after the completion of investigation and obtaining of all title documents.”
Sections 28 and 34 of the EFCC (Establishment Act) 2004 and Section 13(1) of the Federal High Court Act, 2004 empower the anti-graft agency to invoke Interim Assets Forfeiture Clause.
Section 28 of the EFCC Act reads: ‘Where a person is arrested for an offence under this Act, the Commission shall immediately trace and attach all the assets and properties of the person acquired as a result of such economic or financial crime and shall thereafter cause to be obtained an interim attachment order from the Court.’ Section 13 of the Federal High Court Act reads in part : “The Court may grant an injunction or appoint a receiver by an interlocutory order in all cases in which it appears to the Court to be just or convenient so to do.
(2) Any such order may be made either unconditionally or on such terms and conditions as the Court thinks just.”
Properties which EFCC records show as belonging to Mrs.Alison-Madueke are:
- A block of 6 unit service apartments at Awolowo Road, Ikoyi
*Six unit terrace flats in Yaba, Lagos
- Twin four-bedroom duplexes in Lekki Phase I
- Two duplexes in Banana Island
- A duplex in Asokoro. District, Abuja
- A mini-estate in Mabushi, Abuja
- A set of 12 terrace duplexes at Omaremi Street in Port Harcourt
- Large expanse of land at Oniru, Victoria Island in Lagos
* A multi-billion Naira estate in Yenagoa
* Two apartments in Dubai marked as J5 Emirates Hills (30million Dirham) and E146 Emirates Hills valued at 44million Dirham
* A hotel in Port Harcourt under investigation.