BY ADEYEMI AKANJI, BAUCHI – The Bauchi State police command has announced the bursting of another sex party allegedly organized by 22 suspects in Dass, headquarters of Dass Local Government Area of the state.
The suspected organizers of the sex party were on Wednesday paraded before journalists by the Command Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Ahmed Wakili.
Wakili, who spoke on behalf of the Police Commissioner Lawal Tanko Jimeta, explained that the suspects were arrested following the Command’s efforts to crackdown on criminal activities across the state.
It is however curious that organisers of the party had nothing to link them with such except knives and one cutlass fueling speculation that something was wrong with the alleged sex party offence.
According to the PPRO; “Based on reliable intelligence that suspected criminal syndicate notorious for thuggery (Sara Suka), phone snatching and indecent acts including sex parties, were terrorizing residents of the state, the Commissioner of Police, CP Lawan Tanko Jimeta, raised a team of detectives led by the Commander, Rapid Response Squad (RRS), who immediately embarked on a round the clock operation which resulted in the arrest of the suspects.
“Findings revealed that on the same day of the arrest at about 8pm, they had conspired among themselves and organized a party suspected to be sex party with attendant series of atrocities within Dass town. The suspects will be profiled and charged to court”.
Wakil gave the names of the suspects as Ishaya Adamu (19), Mohammed Lawali (22), Ayuba Adamu (19), Aminu Tago (19), Mubarak Baba (22), Ana’s Suleiman alias Dan’arna (16), Yusuf Ahmed (20) and Abba Abdullahi (20).
Others include Suleiman Umar (20), Abdulrashid Ali (17), Aliyu Iliya (15), Idris Suleiman (22), Nuru Sarki (17), Ibrahim Musa (20), Musa Dan’asabe (17), Abdulrashid Anas (18), Salmanu Ibrahim (22) and Kasimu Haladu (26), all of Dass.
The police spokesman said that exhibits recovered from them included three knives, one machete, one cutlass among others.
Wakili also announced that the Police led by Divisional Police Officer, Darazo Division, arrested a 25-year old man for allegedly killing two people, saying that the Police received complaints that the suspect had been attacking and terrorizing citizens of the Local Government Area.
He said: “On the 11th January, 2021, at about 1200hrs, a joint team operation led by the DPO Darazo, arrested one Sadiq Isah alias Gojirgo, (25), from Darazo LGA, following multiple complaints by the community against his conduct.
“Over the months, Sadiq is suspected to have criminally conspired with others now at large in attacking and terrorising the citizens of Darazo. Among their operations was a coordinated attack on 24th of July, 2020 at about 8am on the BSADP Darazo office where they killed one Babayo Hussaini (47) and one Chidawa Gyan-Gyan (48) both of Darazo L.G.A.”
Wakili said that during the arrest, there was a serious struggle where the suspect resisted arrest and fought the police team before he was taken down, adding that upon interrogation, the suspect voluntarily confessed to have committed the aforementioned offences.
Wakili said that exhibits found in the suspect’s possession, included one locally made AK-49 riffle, five knives, a set of shin guard, one face mask and three handsets.