A two year-old boy, Abdulrahman Abubakar and a four year-old girl, Maryam Abubakar, are presently receiving treatment at a private hospital in Kaduna after their stepmother allegedly broke Abdulrahman’s left hand, right leg and Maryam’s head at their father’s house located in NDC in Igabi local government area of the state.

Daily Trust gathered that the men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) are on the trail of the step mother, Hasiya, who fled the house after security agencies came looking for her at their residence on Monday evening.

Speaking to our correspondent in the hospital Tuesday, mother of the children, Halima, said she and her husband started having problem 12 days after her son was born which brought to an end, their three year old marriage.

She said, “Initially, the children were living with me after we separated, but immediately I weaned my son, the father came and took the children away first to his parents’ house and then to his wife. On Monday, I was on my way to the market when I got a call from the father of my children that my son was on admission at the hospital.

“I quickly rushed there and when I saw the condition my son was in, I was devastated. He could hardly breathe and he had bruises on his eye, his head, his stomach and his private part.

The doctor told me that the fracture on my son’s hand and leg were two weeks old, and I learnt he was not able to walk and was taken to a traditional bonesetter who obviously had not been able to fix the fracture.

“My son is being treated for a broken hand, a broken leg and bruises on his eye, stomach, back and private part while my daughter is being treated for a broken head after their step mother used the sole of a pointed shoe to hit her head.

They were also starved in the house because if you see the way they gulped down the tea my sister made for them. The people in the hospital can bear me witness.”

She said NSCDC took the father for questioning adding that, he was given two days to bring the wife or face the wrath of the law.

When contacted, the Police public relations officer, DSP Aliyu Usman, said the matter had not been reported to the police.

Related posts