THE Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board has withdrawn and invalidated the results of four candidates found to have been involved in the illicit attempt to fake their 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results.
The affected candidates are: Adah Eche with Registration Number 97512230IB; Taiwo Abisola Omowumi with Registration Number 97049254GG; Vincent Onyinyechi Prisca with Registration Number 96531098BC and Sofodun Afolasade Zainab with Registration Number 96634599GA.
This was contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Abuja by the spokesman of the Board, Dr Fabian Benjamin.
He said the Board withdrew the results of Adah Eche with registration number 97512230IB, who claimed that his initial score of 290 was reduced to 153.
Benjamin explained that following this claim, Mr. Adah Eche was then invited to the Board’s headquarters where it was eventually proved to him that his (Mr. Adah Eche’s) claim was untrue and he was discovered to have been deeply involved in serious infractions and forgery of the examination result.
He added that Eche eventually confessed the forgery, saying further check on his phone revealed that Mr. Adah Eche was not alone but had been patronised for possible illicit upgrade and faking of the result by the following candidates whose names, registration numbers were discovered on Mr. Eche’s phone
He said: “No effort would be spared in identifying and sanctioning any candidate who attempts to falsify results of JAMB-organised examinations (UTME and others) and whoever collaborates or patronises such candidates would also face a similar consequence.”
The Board also announced the release of 3,736 more results of candidates earlier withheld for alleged involvement in examination malpractices.
He recalled that during the release of the 2019 UTME results on Saturday, 11th May, 2019, the Board had explained among others that:
“Post-examination discovery of serious infractions may lead to the withdrawal of any released result.
“That a number of candidates’ results were withheld for further verification and anyone not deeply implicated would have his/her result processed.
“After the verification exercise, a number of the results were released and others were cancelled.
“There were, however, some that needed further direct interaction and interview to establish clearly whether they were culpable or not.
“Candidates in this category were invited to appear in eight (8) centres across the country (Abuja, Asaba, Gombe, Ibadan, Ilorin, Kaduna, Lagos and Owerri) on Monday, 17 June and they had direct interaction and interview with the Intelligence Committee of the Board to ascertain their culpability or otherwise in some discovered examination infraction.
“Consequently, 3,736 candidates who were found to be either free of any blame or entitled to the benefit of the doubt, have their results processed for release. The 3, 736 results are now released,” he said.