IBE KACHIKWU’S ABUJA HOME CATCHES FIRE

A report by The Cable indicates that the private residence of Dr Ibe Kachikwu, caught fire on Sunday, October 15. According to the report, the fire started in the bedroom of the minister of state for petroleum in the evening.

The house is located in Asokoro, a highbrow area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The minister was recently involved in a public spat with NNPC boss, Dr Maikanti Baru.

According to unnamed sources quoted in the report, the fire was as a result of a suspected electrical fault to the air conditioners. “Kachikwu was not at home when it happened, but thankfully the fire service reacted quickly and put out the fire before things could go out of hand,” a source said.

Details are sketchy at the time of this report on the extent of damage to the house but no one was reportedly was hurt in the incident. Kachikwu recently wrote a memo to President Muhammadu Buhari seeking audience with him over the alleged insubordination of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) boss, Dr Maikanti Baru. The memo accused Baru of giving out contracts worth $25billion without recourse to the NNPC board which Kachikwu chairs. Read more: https://www.naij.com/1130543-just-in-ibe-kachikwus-asokoro-residence-catches-fire.html#1130543

Related posts