According to an eyewitness, the incident occurred in Ikono Ibom Clan in Uyo Local Government Area of the state.
One Mr. Nsikak Michael, a tricycle operator and father of three suffered severe burns from the kerosene explosion, which also resulted in the death of two of his children.
According to Nsikak, who also operates a small poultry farm near his house in Ikot Enyingne Ikono, “I bought kerosene from a filling station along Idoro road as I closed from my Keke business.
“Upon getting home, I decided to light up the lantern in my poultry farm to keep my birds warm but needed to top up the kerosene in the lamp as it was soon going off.
“So I came out of the poultry farm just as my kids followed. As I attempted to light up the lantern there was a loud explosion with a big flame of fire which left me unconscious.”
One of the two children died few hours after, while the other died the following day at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, UUTH, where they were rushed to treatments.
The Chairman of Uyo Local Government Transition Committee, Mfon Ben and Wife, Bridget visited the victim Mr. Nsikak who lies critically ill at the Hospital as a mark of concern and love for the people.