As the men of the State Criminal Investigation Department of the Abia State Police Command are currently working hard to unravel the mystery behind the death of Pastor Blessed Iwuanyanwu and his two assistants, some members of his church have raised the alarm that the killers are still making calls with Iwuanyanwu’s mobile set.

Police operatives, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the SCID, Patrick Edung, had, last Saturday, uncovered the decomposing bodies of Iwuanyanwu; his assistant pastor, Ambassador Ikeagu; and the Women Leader of his church, Pastor Ruth Andrews.

The deceased were pastors at the Wind of Glory International Church, Ohokobe village within Umuahia, the Abia State capital. Iwuanyanwu, said to be about 27 years old, was the Founder and General Overseer of the church.

The late clergyman, who hails from Mbano in Imo State, was a Mathematics graduate from the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. He also attended St. Peter’s Seminary in Okigwe, also in Imo State.

An elder in his church, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the late G. O was last seen on Saturday, October 13, 2018, when he came to the church to observe choir rehearsals.

The elder said the church members were thrown into confusion when their pastor and his assistants did not show up for the service on Sunday, October 14, 2018. He added that when their absence was becoming worrisome, many of the church members’ started calling his mobile number but the calls were not returned.

He said, “I was the person that coordinated the service. It was a special service where our pastor was meant to pray for a particular women group led by one of our church members for the successful conduct of their 2018 August meeting.

“But when the service had gone half way without our pastor in the church, we all became worried and started calling his mobile number but he was not picking his calls. After a while, he sent a message to the woman that brought her group for prayers that we should go on with the church service, saying he went to camp for prayers.

“Personally, I wasn’t happy when I heard that because he has not done a thing like that in the past. Previously, before he leaves the town for any programme or even going to the mountain, he used to inform us. But be it as it may, we conducted the service and went home, expecting to see him in church during our Wednesday service but he didn’t show up too. We got the same message that we should carry on with our service again.

“For us, we thought we were speaking with our pastor not knowing it was his killers who were using his phone to deceive us until last Sunday morning when we came to church and heard the news of his death and that of the two other pastors. It was a big shock to us. All we did that Sunday was to cry because of their deaths.

“Even after we got to know that our pastor was dead, his killers were also calling and threatening some of our church members with his phone.

from punch.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.