PANIC IN OSUN COMMUNITY AS 7 MEMBERS OF A FAMILY DIE MYSTERIOUSLY

Fear has gripped residents of Ogbeso via Oke-Suna area, Apomu town in Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State on Tuesday morning fled when a family of seven were found dead in their sleep at their residence.

The cause of the strange death cannot be ascertained at the time of filing this report, but it was speculated that the family might have died as a result of carbon monoxide from a generator that was found in their apartment.

AMILOADED gathered that the house located in a new area of the community was occupied by a divorced woman with six children and a live-in lover identified as Saheed.

It was further gathered that a 14-year-old member of the family survived and currently responding to treatment at a hospital in Apomu.

Speaking with AMILOADED, a resident who simply identified as Korede said: “They are eight in number, father, mother and their six children but the children don’t belong to the man.

“The house belongs to a woman. The man has his own house but lives with the woman. One of the children just came back from Lagos yesterday.

“It was said that a chemical was sprayed on them because some people said they perceived the odour coming out.

“One of them did not die and was taken to a private hospital in Apomu.

“The man is a Policeman, named Saheed. He stays in Apomu but he is not from Apomu. He only married the woman that owns the house that the incident occurred.”

However, the police spokesperson in Osun State, SP Yemisi Opalola, confirmed the incident.

She said that the cause of their death of could be ascertained until an autopsy in done on the corpses.

“One person among the family of eight was rescued and still responding to treatment, but the cause of the death cannot be ascertained now.

“Their corpses were rejected at Oluyoro hospital and were referred to OAU teaching hospital for autopsy,” she added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.