PDP EXPLAINS WHY BUHARI WILL NOT HONOUR REPS INVITATION
The Peoples Democratic Party, on Thursday, knocked the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), for his failure to secure lives and property in the country in the last five years.
According to PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, Buhari has nothing to tell Nigerians and that could be responsible for his reported boycott of a joint National Assembly sitting today.
“Mr President is afraid of the obvious, he knows he has nothing to tell Nigerians on the security situation in the country. That is why he is running from the National Assembly. He also failed in every area of governance including security,” Ologbondiyan stated on Thursday.
The spokesperson of the opposition party also said there was no plan by the PDP caucus in the House of Representatives to embarrass the president at the sitting today.
The House of Representatives led by the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, had last week invited Buhari over the rising insecurity and the killing of over 43 farmers in Borno State.
An aide to the President, Lauretta Onochie, had also revealed that Buhari would appear before a joint session of the National Assembly on Thursday. However, reports began to filter in on Tuesday that the President had decided not to attend the meeting any longer.
The PUNCH had also reported Wednesday that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), said the National Assembly lacked the power to invite the President to speak on security matters.
Details later…
Comments are closed.