POLICEMEN GUARDING CORPORATE ORGANIZATIONS DISREGARD TINUBU, IGP’S DIRECTIVES REFUSE TO RETURN TO BASE

Mobile Police Force officers attached to private companies and corporate facilities have remained at their duty posts despite President Bola Tinubu’s directive ordering the withdrawal of police personnel from VIP protection assignments..

The president had on Sunday instructed that all officers assigned to VIPs be reassigned to core policing duties within communities across the country.

On Thursday, the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, announced that 11,566 officers formerly attached to VIP details had been redeployed to mainstream operations nationwide.

However, findings by Punch at several company locations in Abuja revealed that officers stationed at corporate premises, security gates, and construction sites have yet to leave their positions.

A mobile police officer guarding a construction firm in Abuja told Sunday Punch on Friday that no directive had been issued for their withdrawal.

He said, “We have not been asked to leave, and I don’t think we will be told to go because most of the people here are foreigners.”

A staff member at another company in the Jabi area confirmed the same situation.

“The officers guarding our offices are still here. I even spoke with one of them yesterday, and he said the directive didn’t cover those deployed to companies,” the staff member stated.

Leave A Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Verified by MonsterInsights