The Sun News / / 2 hours ago
Senate President Bukola Saraki has dismissed report that he plans to contest the 2019 presidential elections.
Speaking through his Special adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuf Olaniyonun, the Senate President described the rumour as ‘false’.
In a chat with reporters, Olaniyonun said “the report is false. If it is true that he is contesting, you would have seen the report it in major dailies since last week Saturday when the news broke out on social media. But as you can see, there is nothing like that.”
Veteran journalist and former presidential aspirant, Dele Momodu had, over the weekend claimed that Saraki would be contesting the 2019 presidential polls.
Momodu had said, “The Boss can exclusively reveal that Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has joined the 2019 Presidential race. There is no doubt that he would be a formidable force that should not be ignored because only few politicians in Nigeria today have the pedigree, the experience, the clout and the connection of Senator Saraki.
“Impeccable sources reveal that as he plots his move for the Presidency, he is said to be considering building alliances with all Nigerians of like minds. He is also considering using the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu as his running mate.”